We share stories and facilitate the exchange of ideas to awaken curiosity in service of the university and communities connected to Tennessee.
Our vision is to be a space for convergence, discovery, and collaboration, defined as:
- Convergence: Welcoming multiple perspectives and worldviews.
- Discovery: Gaining new understanding and provoking thought.
- Collaboration:Building relationships through intentional listening.
We lead by amplifying conversations to provoke thought and gain understanding of humanity and the natural world in service to our communities.
- Adaptive – We are flexible to change and open to new ideas, museum trends, and academic/cultural shifts . We consistently evaluate our intentions, practices, and impacts in order to meet our communities’ needs.
- Transparent – We are forthcoming with our communities and public partners, donors, and the university.
- Responsible– We are compassionate and ethical in decision-making and in our shared authority with our communities.
- Collaborative – We build relationships through active listening and conversation, welcoming multiple perspectives and worldviews.
Since 1963, the museum has fostered education, creativity, research, and public service in our community and at UT.
Find staff titles and general contact information.
Vols shape the McClung Museum through MSAB!
We are grateful for our community leaders.
Sign up for the museum’s e-news. Visit our press room.
Find opportunities to join the team.