Thank you for your interest in being a part of the McClung Museum. Browse below for any current full- and part-time positions, as well as internships and volunteer opportunities.
Did you know the McClung Museum serves thousands of K-12 students every year at no cost? Volunteer docents are an integral part of the education department’s mission. They help facilitate engaging experiences and foment a dialogue with our visitors to enrich their understanding of art, culture, and history.
Apply to become a McClung Museum docent. Successful candidates will receive content training on our diverse collection, attend pedagogical workshops, and enjoy behind the scenes previews of upcoming exhibitions.
- Interview and successfully complete the training program
- Have an amiable disposition and be able to work with groups of all ages
- Be comfortable communicating with the public
- Be comfortable communicating via email
- Have a flexible morning schedule
- Must be reliable and punctual to all volunteer assignments
- Must be able to commit to at least 10 programs a year
- Consent to a background check
- Engage with students in a positive and welcoming manner
- Follow lesson plans for galleries
- Attend training sessions
- The opportunity to learn more about the McClung Museum’s collection and operations
- Meet other volunteers with similar interests
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation gatherings
- A 10% discount at the museum store
- Special preview of upcoming exhibitions