Thank you for your interest in being a part of the McClung Museum. Browse below for any current full- and part-time positions, as well as internships and volunteer opportunities.
*NOTE: All applications must be received electronically. The McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, seeks a full-time Registrar/Collections Manager. This person will be responsible for the organization, management, and care of the museum’s permanent and loaned collections. This includes the organization and maintenance of orderly forms, legal documents, files and retrieval system associated with acquisitions, accessions, deaccessions, cataloguing, loans, packing, shipping, customs, inventory, insurance, and storage; the management and maintenance of the museum’s collections management system; and overseeing all shipping arrangements.
- A./B.S. degree in anthropology, history, museum studies, or related field required; advanced degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of registrarial experience with supervisory responsibility.
- Sound knowledge of museum registration methods, cataloguing, conservation and storage practices; legal and insurance issues.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and documents, and to apply archival standards.
- Strong organizational, verbal, written skills, and a sense of humor; ability to communicate and work well with a broad range of individuals including donors, volunteers, vendors, museum staff, and University administrators.
- Extensive experience with collection management systems and databases, especially Past Perfect.
Candidates should apply electronically to the link below and must submit a letter of interest; resume; names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references.Apply Online
For questions contact:
Jefferson Chapman, PhD, Director
Review of applications will be ongoing until the position is filled.
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.